Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Day the Internet Died

I had another strange dream last night so I thought I would post it here.

It was the usual morning for me. I pulled the covers off my head, stumbled to the shower then down to breakfast. I opened my Netbook but to my surprise: no Facebook, no Hotmail. That was odd. I reset the router but it was would not connect. Not to worry, I pulled out my iPhone from my Coach Poppy handbag. No signal.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see crowds wandering aimlessly down the street. Being the curious type, I went outside. “No GPS! How will I know where I am?” one person screamed. “No FourSquare! How will anyone know where I am?” another yelled. I started to laugh then woke up.

I lay back in my bed pondering my dream. In my hand was an article about Prince predicting the downfall of the Internet. What if we really did lose it? Would we visit the record store again? Would we actually look at a map? Would we really talk to our friends? It is definitely something to ponder. I got out of bed and went to work.

No comments: